An email sent from the LSBME will be the ONLY notice you will receive from them. If you would like to be notified by e-mail about updates and reminders about the CLPC seminars, please click on the link below to submit your information to LSUHSC. Please BOOKMARK this website link and check back frequently for changes.
- LSUHSC Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the Clinical Laboratory Personnel Committee of the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- These continuing education seminars are also accepted for BOC Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) credit by the ASCP Board of Certification.
- LSUHSC Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences is providing the 2020 continuing education seminars for licensed personnel sponsored by the Clinical Laboratory Personnel Committee (CLPC). The Distance Learning Seminar is co-sponsored by North Louisiana AHEC and LSUHSC Telemedicine. These seminars are offered FREE only for individuals who hold a CURRENT Louisiana license.
- If you are not in possession of your current wallet card license or are unsure if your license is current, you may check your licensure status on-line. Go to the LSBME website at https://online.lasbme.org/#/verifylicense. Enter your information and click "search." You can then download and print the licensure status.
Pre-registration is required only for Distance Learning* Seminars because the seating is limited at most distance learning sites. For all other seminars, you must present your licensure card and a photo ID to be allowed to attend any of the seminars. No exceptions.
- Handouts will NOT be available the day of the seminar. They will be posted online a day or two before the seminar. If you want handouts for use during the seminar, you can print them out and bring them with you. You will need to download the FREE Adobe Reader program in order to do so. Go to https://get.adobe.com/reader to download Adobe Reader.
- The CLPC Seminars are scheduled on Saturdays except for the Distance Learning* which will be scheduled on a weekday.
- Check in is: 8:30 - 9:00 AM
- Sessions are listed in order of presentation for the times listed below.
- 9:00 - 10:30 AM first session
- 10:30 - 12:00 PM second session
- 12:30 - 2:00 PM third session
- 2:00 - 3:30 PM fourth session
City Choices: Please mark your calendars with the dates and revisit the web site for details or changes. Click on the city for course descriptions and maps to the seminar location.
Spring 2020 information will be posted on the Speaker, Topics, and Objectives link below as it is received from the speakers. The order of speakers has not yet been set. Please check back later.
|April 4, 2020|
April 25, 2020
April 25, 2020
May 2, 2020
May 2, 2020
|May 5, 2020|
May 16, 2020
|Shreveport (in Zadeck Conference room at LSUHS)|
Speakers, Topics, and Objectives for Spring 2020
*What is Distance Learning?
Distance learning sites for Spring 2020
Click here for the Distance Learning Registration Form - for Distance Learning ONLY. Registration for other seminars is not required. Only need to register ONCE. As long as you keep your license current, your name will remain on the list.