Graduate Professional Scholastic Requirements
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.
- The minimum scholastic requirement for course work is a grade of C. However, no more than 6 credit hours of C grades may be counted toward a degree unless otherwise established by the department. In courses designated Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, a grade of Pass or Satisfactory is required.
Provisions for Academic Progression
- If an unacceptable grade is recorded in a non-prerequisite course, the student must satisfactorily complete the course when next regularly offered.
- If an unacceptable grade is recorded in a course designated as a prerequisite course the student must satisfactorily complete the prerequisite course before continuing the program sequence.
- Students may not participate in clinical, fieldwork or preceptorship courses until all prerequisite course work has been completed successfully.
- Students who earn a grade of Unsatisfactory or Fail in clinical, fieldwork, or preceptorship courses will be placed on scholastic probation.
- Students who fall from 1-10 quality points below a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be placed on scholastic probation.
- Students placed on scholastic probation must repeat those courses in which an unacceptable grade was earned when next regularly offered and earn a satisfactory grade. Students will remain on scholastic probation until this requirement is met and the minimum scholastic requirement for cumulative GPA is achieved. Failure to meet this requirement will result in dismissal from the School.
- A course, including those designated clinical, fieldwork, and preceptorship, may be repeated one time only. Students who repeat a course but earn an unacceptable grade will be dismissed from the School.
- Students who fail to attain a minimum 3.0 cumulative and/or semester professional GPA in two consecutive semesters can be dismissed from the School.
- Students who fall more than 10 quality points below a 3.0 cumulative GPA will be dismissed from the School.
- Students on scholastic probation are not eligible for graduation.
- Students must complete the program in a specified period of time. (Time frame to be completed by each department)
- Grades recorded in repeated course work do not replace the original grade. Both the original grade and repeated grade will appear on the academic transcript and both grades will be used in the computation of the academic grade point average.
- Students dismissed from the School for academic reasons must reapply to the program to be considered for readmission.