The Doctor of Audiology program utilizes the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) in its application process.
- Click the links below to enter the CSDCAS webpages:
- Transcripts and official GRE scores must be submitted to CSDCAS 5-6 weeks before the application deadline to allow time for verification. Only complete and verified applications will be considered. The GRE code for LSUHSC COMD CSDCAS is 7538.
Requirements for Admissions
Students are admitted in the Fall Semester only.
The following describes admission criteria:
1. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
2. A combined GRE (Qualitative and Verbal) of at least 300 and a GPA of at least 2.5 or a combined GRE (Qualitative and Verbal) of at least 296 and a GPA of at least 3.0. The GRE Analytical Writing score is required and will be reviewed. The undergraduate GPA is computed on all years.
3. Three letters of reference with at least one letter from a faculty member.
4. A Personal Narrative. Applicants are asked to express your motivation or desire to become an audiologist. This should be written at the graduate level and demonstrate that you have an in-depth understanding of the role of audiology.
5. An interview will be required prior to admission to the Doctor of Audiology program.
Students are admitted on a competitive basis, based upon the criteria above. Students must submit complete and verified applications by February 15 of the year in which they intend to matriculate. Meeting these standards does not guarantee admission.
English Language Proficiency
All international applicants are required to take the TOEFL.
Information about the TOEFL can be located online at http://www.ets.org/toefl
Information for international student applicants can be found by clicking on this link.