Application for Admisssion
The Department of Medical Laboratory Science at LSU Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, participates in the Allied Health Centralized Application Service (AHCAS). Applicants applying to our program will apply online using the AHCAS application, beginning in April of each year. The deadline for applications is August 31. Classes begin in January.
To complete an application for admission to the Medical Laboratory Science Program, submit the following materials to AHCAS by the deadline:
- Complete an online application through the Allied Health Centralized Application Service (AHCAS). https://ahcas.liaisoncas.com The AHCAS application must be completed (all required documents submitted & payment received) by the application deadline.
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions ever attended (including high school dual enrollment) sent to AHCAS.
- Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:
AHCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9127
Watertown, MA 02471
- AHCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your School does not offer these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
- Two letters of recommendation completed by instructors or supervisors via the AHCAS Evaluation portal. (At least 1 recommendation from an instructor is preferred if the applicant is currently enrolled in college courses.)
If you have questions about your application status, please contact your AHCAS Customer Service Representative at (617) 612-2883 or email@example.com. Additional information is also available at https://help.liaisonedu.com.
Prospective students interested in a pre-requisite course evaluation are encouraged to email unofficial college transcripts to Michele Zitzmann, MHS, MLS(ASCP) at firstname.lastname@example.org .