1. The M.C.D. Program is a two-year program in Speech-Language Pathology.
2. A wide variety of clinical settings and placements are available within close proximity to the campus. As a graduate student you will receive hands-on training in all areas of speech-language diagnostics and treatment with patients who have a wide variety of disorders. We serve communicatively disordered from various cultural groups. Our clinical population is comprised of persons with varied communication disorders across the life span from infancy to geriatrics.
3. The program is located in one of the most exciting cities in the U.S.
4. The masters degree program in Speech-Language Pathology is one of the programs offered within the Department of Communication Disorders. The department is housed within the School of Allied Health Professions and includes state of the art classrooms and research laboratories. Students may enroll in related allied health courses if interested.
5. The average pass rate for the PRAXIS examination by speech-language pathology graduates was 100% for the past three years. The program completion rate has been 95.83% for the past three years and 100% of our graduates are employed full-time.
6. The faculty is comprised of an outstanding group of scholars. Faculty areas of expertise include:
Child language: development, assessment, and management
Motor speech disorders
Multicultural aspects of communication disorders
School age language
Social communication disorders