Physician Assistant Program
Recruit highly qualified applicants for enrollment as students in the LSUHSC-NO program.
- Data collected: Applicant demographics and prerequisite data submitted through CASPA
- Evidence of effectiveness: Highly qualified candidates are defined as possessing greater than 3.3 overall and science GPA, while having more than 1000 hours of Healthcare Experience. This definition exceeds the requirements and recommendations for admission to the program. As documented below, the average science and overall GPA and number of hours for the last five classes exceeds the definition of highly qualified. This indicates the majority of students in each class met or exceeded the highly qualified definition. The table below is evidence of program effectiveness in meeting this goal.
Develop and maintain a curriculum that promotes a 90% or better graduation rate for students entering the LSUHSC-NO PA Program.
- Data collected: Graduation rate per cohort
- Evidence of effectiveness: The graduation rate for each cohort is documented in the table below. All cohorts have a greater than 90% graduation rate which demonstrates program effectiveness in meeting this goal. More detailed documentation of student attrition can also be found by clicking the link below labeled “Student Attrition Table 10.2020.”
Develop and maintain a curriculum that produces a PANCE first-time pass rate above the national average.
- Data collected: Program first time PANCE pass rate. Program first time PANCE pass rate is then compared to national first time PANCE pass rate.
- Evidence of effectiveness: First time PANCE pass rate for the Program compared to the National rate for each cohort is documented below. The program has met this goal the majority of years, as detailed below. This demonstrate program effectiveness in meeting this goal. More detailed documentation of program PANCE pass rates can be found by clicking the link below labeled “LSUHSC-NO PANCE Report 2020.”
Maintain accreditation- continuing status and a standard of excellence for the program.
- Data collected: Status of Program as determined by ARC-PA.
- Evidence of effectiveness: Accreditation Continued Status as determined by ARC-PA each year. The program is effective in meeting this goal as detailed in the table below. More detailed information regarding the programs ARC-PA history can be found by clicking the Accreditation button on the tab on the left side of the screen and clicking the link labeled http://www.arc-pa.org/accreditation-history-lsu-new-orleans/.