Physician Assistant Program
Requirements for Graduation
In addition to the LSUHSC-NO SAHP requirement for graduation, the following Program requirements apply:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.
- The minimum scholastic requirement for course work is a grade of B (80% or >).
- Satisfactory completion of 19 courses in the didactic phase of the curriculum , earning 67 credits and achieving a minimum overall 3.00 grade point average
- Satisfactory completion of 14 courses during the clinical phase of the curriculum, earning 39 credits and maintaining an overall 3.00 grade point average.
- Successful completion of a multi-station OSCE/history and physical skills assessment by score or remediation administered 3 months prior to graduation from the program with a grade of 80 percent or better.
- Satisfactory completion of the requirements for the Capstone (Master’s) project as evidenced by the signatures of the primary mentor.
- Satisfactory demonstration of the ethical, professional, behavioral and personal characteristics requisite to practicing as a Physician Assistant.
- Students unable to fulfill the requirements by the day of graduation will not be permitted to participate in the commencement ceremony without permission of the Program Director and the Dean of the SAHP. Students will not be considered graduates in any capacity until they have successfully completed all of the above requirements.
Access to the LSUHSC-NO requirements: http://catalog.lsuhsc.edu