Application for Admissions
Students interested in applying to the program are strongly urged to review the admission requirements, technical standards required of this profession, and tuition and fees for LSUHSC (all found at the bottom of this web page) prior to starting the application process.
The Department of Occupational Therapy at LSUHSC – New Orleans participates in The Centralized Application Service for Occupational Therapy (OTCAS). Applicants applying to the entry-level professional occupational therapist program will apply online using the OTCAS application. To learn more about the OTCAS application process, please visit the OTCAS web site at https://otcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login.
Please note that a COMPLETE application is preferred to an early application. We do not admit early, so there is no advantage in applying early. OTCAS has a very small window to allow for edits to your application (usually February-March), therefore, the information on your application will be the information we utilize to make our decisions. We are unable to accommodate any supplemental information being sent directly to our campus other than the Documentation of Experience Forms.
The OTCAS application needs to be completed by the OTCAS deadline of the year prior to an incoming class. A new in-coming class is enrolled each January. Applicants must send official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended directly to OTCAS. OTCAS will verify the information and send completed on-line applications to the program. All supporting documents to the application must be received to OTCAS and LSUHSC by the application deadline to be considered completed.
The OTCAS portal is open to receive applications. The application deadline for the class beginning in January 2024 is June 9, 2023.
1. The DOE form can be downloaded at the link listed below. Please see the Admissions Requirements document for details on number of hours needed and who is able to sign the DOE. You will need to:
- Complete the “TO THE APPLICANT” portion of the DOE form.
- Send or deliver the form to the occupational therapy practitioner/s that will provide documentation.
- When the DOE form is completed, the occupational therapy practitioner should email the completed form to OTNO@lsuhsc.edu and in the subject line put “DOE Form, applicant’s last name, applicant’s first initial”. These directions are located at the end of the DOE Form.
2. In-State residents are given admission preference.
3. Admissions is competitive, therefore minimum GPA scores DO NOT guarantee admission.
NOTE 1: If you apply prior to completing your bachelor’s degree or before completing all of the prerequisite courses, you will need to submit two (2) official copies of your transcript to the Office of Student Affairs after completion of your degree and/or prerequisite courses.
Office of Student Affairs
LSU Health Sciences Center
School of Allied Health Professions
1900 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
NOTE 2: If you are accepted into the program, you will be required to pay a non-refundable $150.00 acceptance fee. This fee will be applied toward your first academic semester. Request for this fee will be included with the departmental letter of acceptance.
NOTE 3: Questions regarding the occupational therapy program or special circumstances can be directed to OTNO@lsuhsc.edu .
For individual forms, please select from the following:
Documentation of Experience (DOE)