LSUHSC-NO Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program
Thank you for your interest in our program. The accelerated nature of the graduate-level curriculum offered by LSUHSC-NO for students enrolled in the Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program requires that applicants seeking admission provide adequate evidence of their ability to undertake an advanced course of study.
Each of the following qualities is viewed as essential to support the development of a physician assistant. When evaluating an applicant's readiness to matriculate in the LSUHSC-NO Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program, members of the admissions committee consider closely all information available with particular attention to the following elements:
- Rigorousness of courses taken in undergraduate school
- Science and overall grade point average
- Scores received on the Graduate Record Examination
- Responses to questions contained in the application
- References from advisors, professors, and employers
- Leadership experience
- Community service experience
- Communication skills
- Interest in the problems of people
- Personal integrity
- Motivation for a career in health care
- Recommendations of faculty interviewers
To become successful, students must invest a high level of dedication and commitment. Please consider the information provided on this website, and if you feel that our program is in your best interest, we welcome your application!