Physician Assistant Program
All applicants for admission to the LSUHSC-New Orleans Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program must submit their applications through CASPA (www.caspaonline.org). Please see Applicant Resources on the menu for in-depth information.
Initial CASPA application must be completed and verified by CASPA and received by the LSUHSC-NO Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program by the dead line date. Please review the CASPA website carefully.
2019-2020 Application Cycle for the Class of 2022
- Opening Date: 4/26/2019
- Closing Date: 8/1/2019
All application materials must be submitted through CASPA. No letters, applications or transcripts will be accepted by any additional means.
Graduate Record Examination Test
All applicants seeking admission to the LSUHSC-NO PA Program must register for and take the Graduate Record Examination General Test. The web site for the GRE General Test is http://www.gre.org/. When filling out the application, you will be asked for an Institutional Code. The institutional code for LSUHSC-NO CASPA is 0202.
Applications are eliminated for the following reasons:
- Failure to submit an application, have it verified, and mailed through CASPA by the deadline posted on the LSUHSC-NO Master of Physician Assistant Studies website
- Failure of application verification and mailing by CASPA by the published deadline
- Aptitude scores and grade point averages that do not reach the required minimums
- Missing transcripts or letters of recommendation
- Inability to complete course prerequisites prior to matriculation
- Failure to meet and or maintain the program technical standards
- Failure to accumulate 80 hours minimum of healthcare experience